Have you heard Healthcare is one of the
fastest growing industries in this economy?
Have you thought of changing careers?
Here’s your chance to get the latest information.
Learn what careers to consider, that are in demand,
and where to get training and education.
This FREE event, created by Hennepin South WorkForce Center, Department of Employment and Economic Development, and supported by Normandale Community College is for you!
Hear about the occupations in demand, the career paths that lead to them, and the schools that offer these programs. Learn about Minnesota’s ISEEK Career Exploration web tool. Take advantage of the opportunity to talk with healthcare educators and professionals already working in the fields.
Occupations in demand will include Emergency Medical Services, Dental Assistant, Medical Assistant, Nursing, and Home Health Aide, Health Information Technology, Medical Records, Physical Assistant, Lab Technician, Occupational Therapy Assistant and more.
Event Agenda included:
- Welcome by Susan Speetzen, Healthcare Industry Specialist for Department of Employment and Economic Development, plus an overview featuring the healthcare occupations most in demand.
- Keynotes by Marlo Dworsky and George Moore, talking about their experiences changing from non-healthcare careers to becoming a Nurse and Physician’s Assistant
- The future of Minnesota’s in demand health care careers now and in the future. by Rachel Vilsack, Metro Region Labor Market Analyst-Department of Employment and Economic Development. Additionally, resources were provided to explore careers, educational programs and how to connect with employers.
- ISEEK, Healthcare Career Exploration Demonstration of Occupations in Demand by Denise Felder, Editor of MnCareers.
- Occupational Round Tables – Meet with individual healthcare professionals & educators from different occupations and get questions answered.